We help student inventors make an impact on the world.
Every year, the VentureWell E-Teams Grant Program awards over $650,000 total in grant funding to early-stage science and tech student startups who are on the path to launching innovations with a social, health, or environmental impact.
The E-Teams Program supports student ventures as they embark down the path they’re likely to take as an innovator and entrepreneur. If teams are able to continue with their startup after they graduate, ASPIRE and our investor network are available to help teams prepare to build their company.
What’s an E-Team?
An E-Team—or Entrepreneur-Team—is a multidisciplinary group of student-led teams working together with faculty to bring an invention to market. View our E-Teams.
Why apply to be an E-Team?
Up to $25,000 in grant funding
Unlock $5,000 in Stage 1 and $20,000 in Stage 2 grant funding to launch your venture. Our grants are competitive, recognized nationally as a source of non-dilutive funding, and empower innovators to prototype and explore commercialization.
Attend a fully-funded training workshop and explore possible pathways for your venture. We have a bank of innovation curriculum that combines lean startup principles with company building, professional development, and individual cultivation.
Networking & mentorship
Tap into the VentureWell mentor and E-Team network, with the potential to connect with investors and strategic partners who can transform your venture.
National exposure & recognition
E-Team members have been named to the Forbes “30 Under 30” list, appointed as AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassador, and appeared in the New York Times, National Geographic, and more.
VentureWell selects dedicated science and engineering based student-led teams from across the nation that are creating high-impact inventions or innovations.
We’re looking for teams with:
- Intent to Commercialize: A strong commitment to exploring commercialization of your science or tech innovation.
- Social/Environmental impact: Inventions that will scale to address a pressing social, health, or environmental need. We fund innovations that can solve challenges including health, food security, energy, and climate change. See additional examples here.
- Student team identified: Teams that include two or more students and a faculty advisor.
Need additional information about the program? Read the detailed guidelines.
The E-Team Impact
- VentureWell has trained over 800 entrepreneurs in 300 E-Teams.
- Teams that have taken part in the E-Team Program have raised $122+ million in follow-on funding.
- E-Teams have launched 182 ventures since taking part in our program.
Questions? Please contact David D’Angelo
The E-Team Grant program is presented through the generous support of The Lemelson Foundation and the Autodesk Foundation.