We help student inventors make an impact on the world
The E-Team Program, part of the VentureWell Accelerator, supports student ventures as you embark down the path you’re likely to take as an innovator and entrepreneur. We help you advance your invention through a powerful mix of up to $25,000 in grant funding, entrepreneurship training, mentorship by dedicated staff, national recognition, and networking with peers and industry experts.
Do you have an idea that can change the world? Every year, we award over $800,000 in non-dilutive E-Team grants to early-stage innovator teams that develop scalable innovations which aim to solve a large social, health, or environmental challenge.
Pioneer for E-Teams: The First Stop in Bringing Your Innovation to Life
You’ll start your entrepreneurship journey with Pioneer for E-Teams, the first stage of the E-Team Program. Through $5,000 in non-dilutive funding and an entrepreneurship training workshop designed to help you discover the best market for your invention, we kickstart your potential and outline the possible pathways for your invention.
Propel for E-Teams: Build and Test Your Business Model
Once you have successfully completed Pioneer for E-Teams and built a strong foundation for advancing your innovation, you’re eligible to level up and apply for Propel for E-Teams. Propel offers an additional $20,000 in non-dilutive funding and training focused on supporting you as you build your business model canvas and make plans for testing your business hypotheses.
Your new discovery can change the world.
Are you a founder focused full-time on your startup? We can help you prepare to launch and scale your company through ASPIRE and our investor network. Learn how our startup programming can help you secure your first round of equity funding.
Up to $25,000 in Grant Funding
Unlock up to $25,000 to launch your venture. Our grants are competitive, recognized nationally as a source of non-dilutive funding, and empower innovators to explore commercialization.
Attend our fully funded training workshops and explore possible pathways for your venture. We have a bank of innovation curricula that combine lean startup principles with company building, professional development, and individual cultivation.
Networking & Mentorship
Tap into the VentureWell mentor and E-Team network, with the potential to connect with investors and strategic partners who can transform your venture.
National Exposure & Recognition
E-Team members have been named to the Time Magazine “Best Inventions” list and Forbes’ “30 Under 30”; appointed as an AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassador; and appeared in The New York Times, National Geographic, and other publications.
Is Your Innovation a Good Fit?
- Social/Environmental Impact: Inventions that will scale to address a pressing social, health, or environmental need. We fund innovations that can solve challenges including health, food security, energy, and climate change. See additional examples here.
- Science- and Engineering-Based Inventions: An innovation that is different from other competing technologies.
- Intent To Commercialize: A strong commitment to exploring commercialization of your innovation.
- Student Team Identified: Teams that include two or more students and a faculty advisor.
The E-Team Impact
- VentureWell has trained over 1,400 entrepreneurs in 500+ E-Teams.
- Teams that have taken part in the E-Team Program have raised $740+ million in follow-on funding.
- E-Teams have launched 500+ ventures since taking part in our program.
Want to learn more about our program from past program graduates?
Meet our E-Teams here!
The E-Team Grant program is presented through the generous support of The Lemelson Foundation, Qualcomm, and SBIR/STTR America’s Seed Fund.