startups prepare for investment and strategic partnerships with aspire
ASPIRE is an intensive week-long workshop that prepares startups for the investments and partnerships necessary to launch their ventures. Mentors-in-residence work alongside startups to simulate due diligence conversations and integrate feedback into materials in real time.
Startups: Must be Committed and Competitive!
- Engaged Mentorship. You will work with stellar mentors over a series of dedicated days that have experience investing or partnering with startups like yours.
- Network Building. Learn from your peers and share your experiences with a cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs who are facing similar challenges.
- Clear Milestones & Ask. Startups will leave with a clear articulation of their investment needs, including the investment ask and planned milestones for the round.
- Due Diligence Deal Room. Spend time creating and refining investor materials to use during the fundraising process. Invest your time and energy into work product for a deal room, not a demo day pitch.
- Stress Tests. We push your boundaries with real world stress tests – actual startup disaster scenarios.
Do you qualify?
For each cohort, VentureWell selects 10-15 dedicated science and engineering based startups from across the nation that are launching high-impact inventions. Please review individual program RFPs for sector-specific requirements in the right column under “next ASPIRE program”. To learn more about the ASPIRE program click here.
- Impact inventions. Innovation has a clear impact on people or the planet, solves a real problem felt by customers, and has a compelling value proposition.
- Experience with lean startup. Validated customer segments & initial evidence of product-market fit.
- Startup formed. Incorporated as a legal entity by the beginning of the program.
- Team identified. Management team and key roles identified and secured.
- Commitment. Members of the management team (maximum 3) can commit to the full 5 days of the workshop. The startup is your full-time focus.
- Intellectual property. Assigned to the company or a clear pathway to the license.
- Beyond proof of concept. Initial prototype developed, pilot studies/field trials underway.
- Actively fundraising. Company has raised at least $25K (grants or equity) and is preparing for a round of equity investment within 12 months.
- $74M in follow-on funding has been raised by teams after participating in ASPIRE
- 98 businesses have been incorporated by ventures since taking part in ASPIRE
- 95 incubator/accelerator deals have resulted from participating in ASPIRE