How will ASPIRE for SBIR benefit my company?
ASPIRE for SBIR is designed specifically for ventures with active Phase II awards. You’ll receive the expert advice and personalized attention you need to identify—and make your startup attractive to—relevant investors. Upon completion, you’ll have a clear idea of your ask, the documentation to support your requests, and the confidence to close the deal.
How many members of my startup can participate in the program?
Two members from your startup may participate in the program.
What is the Technical and Business Assistance (TABA) funding supplement?
TABA is a supplement available to all NSF SBIR Phase II awardees. TABA supplemental funding is intended to assist current small businesses in their technology commercialization efforts. Read HERE to learn more about TABA and how to include VentureWell as a third party service provider on your application.
TABA supplemental funding enables the awardee business to secure the services of one or more third-party service providers that will assist with commercialization activities, including:
- the identification and development of customers for the NSF-funded technology;
- providing advice on financing strategy and fundraising from the private sector;
- establishing strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders;
- the evaluation and protection of intellectual property;
- the evaluation and establishment of regulatory and reimbursement strategy; and/or
- other activities that will accelerate or strengthen the commercialization case for the underlying technology.
VentureWell should be indicated as a third-party service provider upon application for TABA funding.
Can I use TABA funding to pay for ASPIRE for SBIR registration?
Yes, if VentureWell is indicated as a third-party service provider on your application, you may apply your TABA funding to the ASPIRE for SBIR registration fee.
What will the ASPIRE for SBIR schedule look like?
Sessions will take place on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. Session length varies, but will generally run from 2:30pm – 4:00pm ET each day. In addition to participating in live sessions, participants will develop and refine work product on their own time. A detailed schedule will be shared prior to the start of the program.