Innovate Egypt empowers early-stage science and technology innovators to commercialize their inventions and create new ventures.
The goal of Innovate Egypt is to provide innovators with the training, mentoring, and resources they need to bring their ideas out of the lab and into the market.
The accelerated eight-week training program is modeled after the effective Lean Startup methodology. Through an intensive customer discovery process, participants quickly identify and evaluate opportunities and make informed decisions on how best to move their idea forward.
The program is designed for three-person teams located in Egypt that are comprised of: a Technical Lead, an Entrepreneurial Lead, and a Business Mentor. This program is focused on Graduate Students, Faculty, or Researchers in Science and Engineering in Egypt. Individual Inventors not associated with a university may apply if they have an active patent application pending or issued in Egypt. These individuals will not be eligible for STDF funding.
Please note that this program’s implementation will be contingent upon the availability of funds.
- Experience hands-on learning through in-person and online training and coaching that will take place in Egypt.
- Spend a significant amount of time talking to customers, engaging with industry, and testing hypotheses.
- Share experiences in a cohort model with other entrepreneurial teams engaged in similar work.
Innovate Egypt Program Schedule
- Opening Workshop: October 8-10 in Cairo (location to be determined)
- Weekly Online Meetings: One 1.5 hour meeting per week for 6 weeks
- Closing Workshop: December 4-5 in Cairo (location to be determined)
The Innovate Egypt course syllabus is available here.
About Innovate Egypt Partners
Innovate Egypt is funded through the U.S.-Egypt Science and Technology (S&T) Joint Fund. The U.S.-Egypt S&T Joint Fund was established under an agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt to strengthen scientific and technological capabilities between both countries. This makes Innovate Egypt a unique partnership between the Egyptian Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF), the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, USAID, the U.S. Department of State, VentureWell, and the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.