get funding and support to pioneer new ways to engage students in inclusive stem innovation and entrepreneurship
VentureWell Faculty Grants provide up to $30,000 to help fund and support faculty with innovative ideas to create new or transform existing courses and programs to help students develop novel, STEM-based inventions and gain the necessary entrepreneurial skills needed to bring these ideas to market.
We will be seeking proposals for areas that will support the emerging generation of inventors and innovators and the i&e ecosystems critical to their success.
Grantees will participate in the Green Launchpad Educators workshop in Fall 2021 (participation of at least two faculty members is required; dates to be determined), as well as in peer-to-peer Sustainable Design Community of Practice monthly meetings, starting in January 2022.
Successful grant proposals include:
- A focus on technology entrepreneurship
- Experiential learning by doing, and creative approaches to solving real-world problems,
- The formation of student teams focused on technology inventions with positive social and/or environmental impact
- A supportive entrepreneurial ecosystem for student teams to pursue commercialization
- A plan for sustained institutional change and the continuation of the course or program after VentureWell funding
- Inclusion of faculty and mentors with a wide range of backgrounds and expertise to support students, especially students from underrepresented groups
Learn more before you apply
- Complete Faculty Grants application guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Support from our team: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have awarded $12M+ in faculty grants since 1996
- We’ve funded 580+ STEM I&E courses and programs serving over 50K students
- 360+ institutions have participated in our programs