Get Funding and Support To Pioneer New Ways To Engage Students in Inclusive STEM Innovation and Entrepreneurship
VentureWell Course and Program (C&P) Grants of up to $30,000 are awarded to US higher education institutions to support curriculum to grow and expand the entrepreneurial ecosystem in order to engage students in science and technology (S&T) innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E). Ideally, C&P Grant funding should act as a catalyst for increased entrepreneurial activity and help faculty and universities leverage other opportunities to launch and/or grow their I&E ecosystems.
C&P grants may be used to strengthen existing curricular programs or to build new, pedagogically inclusive courses and programs that engage student teams in developing and pursuing scalable solutions to real-world needs through S&T I&E. The end goal is to support diverse groups of faculty, staff, and students in collaborating to develop novel inventions and technologies that have positive environmental and social impact.
Activities supported by C&P grants should lead to effective courses and programs that are sustained by the institution, lead to the formation of student teams by leveraging experiential learning practices, and expand opportunities for learning across S&T I&E.
C&P grant proposals may include plans to create or improve an individual course, course sequence, minor, major, certificate program, or other co- and extracurricular programs, including non-credit programs, that are directly tied to and support I&E-focused curriculum. S&T focus area may include, but are not limited to:
- General (science- and technology-based) entrepreneurship
- Sustainable technologies (new materials, clean tech, green energy, and chemistry innovation)
- Climate change solutions (technology to mitigate and/or adapt to climate change), especially technologies that support communities most impacted by climate change
- Biomedical and healthcare innovation
- Technologies that address poverty alleviation and basic human needs
We are accepting proposals until November 2, 2022. Please note that there is only one funding cycle for this fiscal year. We strongly encourage community colleges to apply for funding.
Learn more before you apply
Explore the following resources to learn more about the grant and start developing your proposal:
- Review the Course & Program Grant Guidelines
- Check the Frequently Asked Questions page
- Attend an informational webinar (see sidebar for details)
Contact our Grants support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have awarded $18M+ in grants to support course and program development since 1996
- Over the past five years, we’ve funded 764 STEM I&E courses and programs serving over 45K students.
- 360+ institutions have participated in our programs