We help student inventors make an impact on the world.
What’s an E-Team?
An E-Team—or Entrepreneur-Team—is a multidisciplinary group of student-led teams working together with faculty to bring an invention to market. View our E-Teams.
About the Program
Receive an E-Team grant and get training through our early-stage innovator training program. The program provides peer networking, expert coaching, national recognition, and hands-on workshops to move your innovation forward. Our offerings advance you through the pathway you’re likely to take as an innovator and entrepreneur. If you are able to continue with your startup after you graduate, ASPIRE and our investor network are available to help you prepare to build your company.
We accept applications three times a year. See our upcoming application deadline in the sidebar.
Why apply to be an E-Team?
Do you qualify?
For each cohort, VentureWell selects dedicated science and engineering based student-led teams from across the nation that are creating high-impact inventions or innovations.
Other requirements include:
- Developed Invention. Do you have a science or technology invention with the intention to commercialize?
- Social/Environmental Impact. Could your invention scale to address a social or environmental need? Some examples of types of technologies we fund include medical or healthcare-related devices, clean energy technologies, and technologies for low-resource settings. This cycle we are looking for inventions in ocean health, cleantech, and energy. See examples here.
- Student Team Identified. Does your team include two or more students (grad or undergrad)? Does your team have a faculty advisor?
- Institution Member Status. Is your institution a VentureWell member? Check your school’s membership status. Membership is required by the time you submit your proposal.
Need additional information about the program? Read the detailed guidelines.
- $11.1M in grants given to teams of student inventors and entrepreneurs
- 699 E-Team grants have been awarded since 1996
- E-Teams have launched 230 ventures and have received $578 million in follow-on funding