we help student inventors make an impact on the world
The E-Team program supports dedicated science- and engineering-based student teams from across the nation in bringing their high-impact innovation out of the lab and into the market. Every year, we award over $700,000 in non-dilutive E-Team grants to these early-stage student science and tech startups who are on the path to launching innovations with a social, health, or environmental impact. In the past two decades, VentureWell has provided over $8M in grants to more than 550 entrepreneurial teams. Our 180+ alumni ventures have received over $122M in follow-on funding since taking part in the E-Team program. Meet our E-Teams here!
In addition to funding, we offer a robust Early-Stage Innovator Training Program designed to thoroughly prepare our teams to discover possible pathways for their venture as they explore topics like business model development, customer discovery, and intellectual property.
The E-Teams Program supports student ventures as they embark down the path they’re likely to take as an innovator and entrepreneur. If teams are able to continue with their startup after they graduate, ASPIRE and our investor network are available to help teams prepare to launch and scale their company.
why apply to be an E-Team?
Up to $25,000 in grant funding
Unlock $5,000 in Stage 1 and $20,000 in Stage 2 grant funding to launch your venture. Our grants are competitive, recognized nationally as a source of non-dilutive funding, and empower innovators to explore commercialization.
Attend a fully-funded training workshop and explore possible pathways for your venture. We have a bank of innovation curriculum that combines lean startup principles with company building, professional development, and individual cultivation.
Networking & mentorship
Tap into the VentureWell mentor and E-Team network, with the potential to connect with investors and strategic partners who can transform your venture.
National exposure & recognition
E-Team members have been named to the Forbes “30 Under 30” list, appointed as AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassador, and appeared in the New York Times, National Geographic, and more.
We’re looking for teams with:
- Social/Environmental impact: Inventions that will scale to address a pressing social, health, or environmental need. We fund innovations that can solve challenges including health, food security, energy, and climate change. See additional examples here.
- Hardtech innovations: A physical, engineered product innovation that addresses a pressing social, health, or environmental challenge.
- Intent to Commercialize: A strong commitment to exploring commercialization of your science or tech innovation.
- Student team identified: Teams that include two or more students and a faculty advisor.
- VentureWell has trained over 800 entrepreneurs in 300 E-Teams.
- Teams that have taken part in the E-Team Program have raised $122+ million in follow-on funding.
- E-Teams have launched 180+ ventures since taking part in our program.
Questions? Please contact David D’Angelo.
The E-Team Grant program is presented through the generous support of The Lemelson Foundation and Qualcomm.