we help student inventors make an impact on the world
The E-Team Grant Program supports student ventures as they embark down the path they’re likely to take as an innovator and entrepreneur. We help students advance their invention through a powerful combination of funding, training, mentorship, and networking with peers and industry experts.
Every year, we award over $700,000 in non-dilutive E-Team grants to early-stage innovator teams that develop scalable innovations that aim to solve a large social, health, or environmental challenge.
In addition to funding, we offer a robust Early-Stage Innovator Training Program designed to thoroughly prepare our teams to discover possible pathways for their venture as they explore topics like business model development, customer discovery, and intellectual property.
If teams continue with their startup after they graduate, ASPIRE and our investor network are available to help them prepare to launch and scale their company.
Your new discovery can change the world; don’t wait—apply now!
Up to $25,000 in grant funding
Unlock $5,000 in Stage 1 and $20,000 in Stage 2 grant funding to launch your venture. Our grants are competitive, recognized nationally as a source of non-dilutive funding, and empower innovators to explore commercialization.
Attend a fully-funded training workshop and explore possible pathways for your venture. We have a bank of innovation curriculum that combines lean startup principles with company building, professional development, and individual cultivation.
Networking & mentorship
Tap into the VentureWell mentor and E-Team network, with the potential to connect with investors and strategic partners who can transform your venture.
National exposure & recognition
E-Team members have been named to the Forbes “30 Under 30” list, appointed as AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassador, and appeared in the New York Times, National Geographic, and more.
is your innovation a good fit:
- Social/Environmental impact: Inventions that will scale to address a pressing social, health, or environmental need. We fund innovations that can solve challenges including health, food security, energy, and climate change. See additional examples here.
- Science- and engineering-based inventions: An innovation that addresses a pressing social, health, or environmental challenge.
- Intent to Commercialize: A strong commitment to exploring commercialization of your innovation.
- Student team identified: Teams that include two or more students and a faculty advisor.
- VentureWell has trained over 1,300 entrepreneurs in 500+ E-Teams.
- Teams that have taken part in the E-Team Program have raised $700+ million in follow-on funding.
- E-Teams have launched 415+ ventures since taking part in our program.
Want to learn more about our program from past program graduates?
Meet our E-Teams here!
The E-Team Grant program is presented through the generous support of The Lemelson Foundation, Qualcomm, and SBIR/STTR America’s Seed Fund.