The Symposium on The Entrepreneurial Mindset (EM) is taking place in two parts: the first half occurred December 8-9, 2016 at Arizona State University and the second half is March 23 in Washington, D.C.
The purpose of the symposium is to bring together a working group of researchers and practitioners such as yourself to help advance our understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset (EM). In particular, we aim to:
- Define an EM continuum
- Situate various efforts along this EM continuum
- Develop and share methods and tools to measure EM
Part I, December 2016: 1.5-day Session at Arizona State University (information and proceedings from ASU site)
Part II, March 23: 1-day Session in Washington, D.C.
- Date: March 23, 2017, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Location: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill; convening is offered alongside VentureWell’s OPEN conference
Goal: to discuss and review the draft concept papers and continue the discussion from the first convening. Based on the draft concept papers, we will form affinity groups around shared themes for coordination of topics.
Participants will submit a draft of their paper in advance of the gathering, and will advance their topics/affinity groups for contribution to an AEE special issue after the convening.
Anticipated products of the convening include, but are not limited to:
- An overarching framing paper on the Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Cases/tools/methods developed by participants to assess the Entrepreneurial Mindset at different stages for contribution to a Special Issue on Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Advances in Engineering Education (AEE)
- March 3, 2017 – Submit draft concept papers for discussion/feedback at OPEN
- March 23, 2017 – Attend Part II in Washington, D.C.
- June 12, 2017 – Submit final draft papers to AEE for full review
This symposium is made possible with support from
Thank you to sponsors Arizona State University and KEEN for supporting the December convening.